- 1 How big is St. Joseph Missouri?
- 2 What is the crime rate in St. Joseph Missouri?
- 3 Is St. Joseph MO a safe place to live?
- 4 What famous outlaw was killed in St Joseph MO?
- 5 How old is Kansas City Missouri?
- 6 What is Missouri growing zone?
- 7 What zone is Kansas City for planting?
- 8 What city in Missouri has the lowest crime rate?
- 9 What is there to do in St Joseph Missouri today?
- 10 Is St Joseph Safe?
- 11 What is the crime rate in Kansas City MO?
- 12 What are the demographics of St Joseph Missouri?
How big is St. Joseph Missouri?
Joseph, Missouri is in USDA Hardiness Zones 5b and 6a.
What is the crime rate in St. Joseph Missouri?
With a crime rate of 64 per one thousand residents, St. Joseph has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 16.
Is St. Joseph MO a safe place to live?
In the study, St. Joseph ranks as the 74th safest city out of 75 cities listed. Joseph ranks as the 74th safest city in Missouri with 438 violent crimes and 5,146 property crimes.
What famous outlaw was killed in St Joseph MO?
Notorious outlaw Jesse James was shot and killed in this house on April 3, 1882. He was killed by Bob Ford, a member of the James gang, to collect a $10,000 reward offered by Governor Tom Crittenden. Jesse died at the age of 34 after living a lawless career for 16 years.
How old is Kansas City Missouri?
The origin of modern-day Kansas City, Missouri, dates back to the 1830s, when John McCoy founded the settlement of Westport at what is now Westport Road and Pennsylvania Avenue. McCoy chose this area to open an outfitting store for pioneers on the Santa Fe Trail.
What is Missouri growing zone?
Most of Missouri is in the central zone, or zone 6 on the map. This includes St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbia and Springfield, along with most of Kansas and the southern half of Illinois.
What zone is Kansas City for planting?
Current hardiness zone maps In both maps, the Kansas City area is firmly located in zone 6, (zero to -10 degrees).
What city in Missouri has the lowest crime rate?
Key findings from the Safest Cities in Missouri Report include: -Missouri’s safest city this year is Clever, which moved up 5 ranks from last year—it reported the lowest property crime rate in the state at 4.3 per 1,000 people.
What is there to do in St Joseph Missouri today?
Top Attractions in Saint Joseph
- Patee House Museum. 480. Speciality Museums.
- Glore Psychiatric Museum. 321. Speciality Museums.
- Pony Express Museum. 421. Speciality Museums.
- Krug Park. 125.
- Remington Nature Center. 118.
- Jesse James Home Museum. 241.
- Walter Cronkite Memorial. History Museums.
- Hall Street Historic District. Neighborhoods.
Is St Joseph Safe?
Based on FBI crime data, St. Joseph is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Michigan, St. Joseph has a crime rate that is higher than 85% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is the crime rate in Kansas City MO?
Kansas City has a violent crime rate of 1,596 violent crimes per 100,000 people, which is 417 percent higher than the national average. Residents in Kansas City have a 1 in 63 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime (compared to 1 in 199 in Missouri).
What are the demographics of St Joseph Missouri?
White: 86.14% Black or African American: 5.97% Two or more races: 3.82% Other race: 1.81%